Monday, August 8, 2011

*Poof* Where did it go?

Seriously?  Where did July go?  Is it really gone? I was a very busy bee this month.  Very busy.  Not a single weekend did I spend at home.  The excitement! 

I managed to take a bunch of pictures...let's see if I got all ten on the list. 

I covered these in my last post...

Watermelon ready to serve
Fourth of July celebrations
• Firework displays large and small

Three down, seven to go! 
 
Camping activities


The boyfriend and I went camping with his family.  It was a great weekend!  The weather was super hot (100*+) so we stayed as still as possible.  Unless of course the banana boat song was playing.  Banana boat = blended goodness!  And we snuck onto the beach at night for some pictures! 




Fun in the sun
• Sunbathing



The family went on vacation to a little lake in the Berkshire Mountains.  We caught some rays and relaxed a bit. 



The hammocks were used quite a bit.  I think hammocks are just brilliant ideas.  It's very possible that I might need to introduce a hammock into my yard. 


• Pool time



Missy and Chris got married in Cancun, Mexico.  Which meant a beautiful resort with a fabulous pool.  And a fantastic party.  It was truly a great get-away! 

And the pool is so quiet and serene at 7 in the morning and the sky is so blue. 


Missy and Chris chose a poolside reception.  It was a beautiful ocean side ceremony and the reception did not disappoint. 
 
Now we are talking Mexico...in July.  Yes, you guessed it, that means...hot.  Well the poolside reception took a natural turn.  (guests + wedded bliss + tequila + pool = POOL PARTY) 
 

• People boating

Along with spending a lot of quality time in the hammock the family spent a lot of quality time on the lake. 

I took the kayak out for a spin and a giant storm cloud came in.  Mom made us get out of the lake.  Good thing too cause a giant thunderstorm rolled in shortly after. 

The next day dad and I took a spin in the sailboat that was at the house.  It was great fun and look me a minute to get back in the groove.  That was my first time sailing since I was about 14!  Makes me miss being on the water regularly. 

Farm fields (I'm afraid I failed at this one...and I was in OHIO.  WHOOPS!)
A concert in the park (nope, but I'll be going to Shakespeare in the Park later this month!)
Girls playing Hula-hoop (afraid not)
Ice-cream or snow cones (there was lots of ice cream...sadly no pictures of it)
A boy holding a worm, frog or bug (nope...not at all)

sooooooooooooo the score is Kate 5, Photo List 5.  Let's see if I can do better this month. But I did get some bonus points on that last one!  Lots of fun in the sun was had in July!!

How was your July?  Did you do anything picture worthy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment